Moffitt Family Funeral Care
Moffitt Family Funeral Care is a full-service, fully licensed funeral establishment. We are on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week, and stand ready to assist families whenever the need arises. Our role is to make this difficult time easier for you, while ensuring that your wishes are carried out promptly and correctly.
From the moment a phone call is made to us, you will recognize that commitment to personalized service is our most important priority. We are here to take care of all the details so that you can spend focused time with family and friends. Our goal is to attentively listen to your needs, compassionately guide you through the process, alleviate as much stress as possible, and ensure services are carried out according to your wishes.
Part of our service is coming to you to make funeral arrangements, either in advance or at the time of death. Most people prefer we come to their homes, but we will meet you anywhere that is convenient and comfortable for your family. Or, if you prefer, our offices are always available and located conveniently in Franklin.
Our Professional Services Include:
Caring for the Body of the Deceased
- Taking your loved one into our care
- Sheltering the body
- Embalming when requested or required
- Cosmetizing, dressing, and hair styling
- Transporting to the place of visitation, funeral, and cemetery
Arranging for Cremation Services
- Securing required authorization for cremation
- Working with the health department and medical examiner’s office to have permission for cremation granted in an expedient manner
- Cremating locally under care of a licensed crematory operator
- Making families aware of all cremation choices (burial, entombment, scattering, placing cremains in an urn to be kept by the family)
Securing Authorizations and Permits
- Working with the appropriate agencies to obtain death certificates
- Obtaining transit permits when necessary
- Notifying Social Security Administration of death
Planning Services (Visitation, Funeral/Memorial Service)
- Meeting with your family to make funeral arrangements
- Securing location of services
- Coordinating with clergy, florist, musicians, military, or any other special requests to make the funeral service personal and meaningful
- Coordinating arrangements with the cemetery regarding burial space
- Placing obituary notice in the newspaper(s)
- Providing overall direction at the visitation and funeral/memorial service
- Caskets, vaults
- Cremation urns, keepsake urns, urn vaults
- Service programs, acknowledgment cards, register books
- Video Tribute
Our caring funeral director will compassionately guide you through the entire funeral planning process, working diligently to carry out your wishes. We are here to serve you.